Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2021

My Haiku Poem - Tyrah

 For this activity, I had learned what a Haiku Poem is. A Haiku Poem is traditionally a Japanese poem and they use three short lines using syllables. The most common numbers they would use for their poems are 5,7 and 5.

I loved doing this activity because I never knew what a Haiku poem was until now. I love writing poems but sometimes, they wouldn't come out as I wanted them to. But this poem makes me smile because it is about Summer. Summer is the best season to spend time with family and get to know them more. Especially in the Holiday season! 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Tyrah,

    Charlotte here from the SLJ team.

    Ka pai for creating this awesome summer poem!

    I love that you mention having your family around you - I think this is such a lovely part of summer!

    Haikus are tricky! It is great that you learnt about them through this activity. A trick I use when writing them is to clap as I say each syllable out loud - this helps to keep the right format.

    Keep up the fantastic work!

    Ngā mihi,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete